Saturday, September 4, 2010

Is homeschooling better for children than going to public school?

My research topic is homeschooling, more specifically, the issues surrounding homeschooling. I was homeschooled for most of my school age years and I am now homeschooling my children. As a child, I enjoyed being homeschooled. I decided my freshman year that I wanted to try public school and it didn’t work out for me, I didn’t go back the next year. Homeschooling was the best decision for me so naturally when I had my own children I had to make the decision whether to send them to school or not. Based on my son’s personality and his needs we decided to home school him. As you can see I am very attached to this topic and I have already done a lot of research about it and would like to do more.




I have received different reactions to my homeschooling my son. Some people think that it is great and some think that he will end up being uneducated and sheltered. This is a common misconception about homeschooled children and I would like to show that homeschooled children have the potential to be as “normal” as other children. I would also like to research the legal issues with homeschooling and would like to show the reasons why there are legal battles going on all the time in different states on whether to keep homeschooling legal or not.


Education is a current issue in the United States whether public or not. It is an important issue in my life as you can see and I would like to be able to share with you some of these things so you may better understand the reason for homeschooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment