Friday, December 3, 2010

What I learned

Throughout this project I was surprised by some of the research I came across.  I thought that I already knew a lot about homeschooling issues but I quickly realized that I knew very little.  This project was helpful to me personally because I found good resources through my searches for the postings.  Some of the research I did made my decision, to enroll my son in public school, more difficult because this project reinforced my belief that homeschooling is the best option. My research proved to me that public education is something that is in serious need of reforming.  As parents of school aged children we have a responsibility to make sure that our concerns are addressed and we owe it to our children to provide with the best education possible.
Writing a blog is much different than writing one essay.  You are forced to search farther to find more sources which leads you to more information than you may have gotten with an essay.  I believe that I found so much more information on homeschooling this way and it was good for me.  It was also fun to write this because I was able to take my time and write about these issues thoroughly where some of them may have been glossed over had it have been an essay. Overall, I enjoyed this type of writing and would like to do it again in the future.
Picture retrieved from http://www.reflectionsevent2009.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment